Dr Inma Mauri-Sole (LMS)
Associate Specialist in Dermatology
Graduated from Autonoma University of Barcelona Medical School (Spain) in 1993.
She moved to the UK that same year and has been practicing here ever since.
Dr Inma Mauri-Sole initially trained as a GP but kept her interest in dermatology passing her Diploma in Practical Dermatology at Cardiff University in 2001 (Distinction), where she is also an honorary tutor and examiner for the Diploma.
She has been working in Dermatology since 2001.
Dr Mauri-Sole is based at the Royal United Hospital in Bath where she works as an Associate Specialist in Dermatology. She has been working at the RUH since 2001. She has been the Clinical Lead and Clinical Governance lead since 2017.
Due to her experience of working in the community and in hospital medicine, She has been a Department of Health advisor and sat on various National Committees looking at different aspects of service provision, for instance GPs with special interest in dermatology. She has written educational articles on General Practice and dermatology journals as well as contributing to national guidelines. She continues to educate doctors and nurses in dermatology locally and nationally, including surgical workshops.
She has a special interest in skin cancer and undertakes weekly skin surgery lists, including facial work. She is trained in the use and interpretation of dermoscopy. Having worked as a doctor for the past 26 years and in dermatology for most of those, She has extensive experience in diagnosing and managing acute and chronic dermatoses.
She has a keen interest in aesthetic medicine, especially any treatments that enhance skin quality and function as well as appearance. She is a trained practitioner in Botox procedures for medical and aesthetic use as well as dermal fillers and Profhilo.
- Graduated from Autonoma University of Barcelona Medical School (Spain) in 1993.
- Diploma in Practical Dermatology at Cardiff University in 2001 (Distinction).
- Diploma in Dermoscopy from Cardiff University.
- Dermatology Specialty Certificate Exam of the Royal College of Physicians October 2016.
Committees & Academic and Leadership:
- Clinical Lead RUH Bath 2017 to date and Clinical Governance Lead RUH 2018 to date.
- Committee member of the Primary Care Dermatology Society (PCDS) (2004-2010)
- Trustee of the Primary Care Dermatology Society 2019.
- Chair of the British Association of Dermatologists SAS (Staff and Associate Specialists) Committee from May 2013 to July 2017.
- Previous honorary tutor and examiner for the Diploma in Practical Dermatology, Cardiff University.
Work & Memberships: